Friday, March 6, 2009

praise and worship

Last night I was flipping through the channels and found GMC, Gospel Music Channel.
Jeremy Camp was on sort of 'un-plugged' if you will.
I turned my lights off, closed my eyes, rested on my bed and just felt.....restored. I really needed to have that time.

So today I decided to get my CD's out and I first chose one labeled "faves". It was one I had burned for myself. OH MY GOODNESS! I am soooooo encouraged right now.

I am remembering something I heard long ago and it stuck with me b/c for me it's true. Music is a gateway. WOW, is that true for me. Think about it - music can take you back to a time in your life, good or bad. A song can take you back to a place you once were, or a person you once knew. That can be good or bad. I chose to stop listening to things that took me back to where I no longer wanted to go and that changed my life. It was a great release for me b/c I was weak to the music from my past.

I haven't been listening to my praise and worship music which is a wonderful gateway that I NEEDED! I need that music to inspire and encourage me.

Right now I am listening to a beautiful song - from awhile ago.
On My Cross. The words say:
*those were my nails, that was my crown, that pierced Your hands and Your brow.
*those were my thorns, those were my scorns, those were my tears, that fell down.
*and just as You said it would be, You did it all for me.
*after You counted the cost, You took my shame, my blame, on my cross......

I love that. It's so true! That's why I love praise and worship music! YAY!!

I must, must, must keep my p&w in my life - it's such encouragement to stay connected with my Lord and Savior - JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite quotes

"Dang Gina"

"Character is much easier kept than recovered."

"Speak only well of others and you need never whisper."

"Don't let others stop you from doing what you know is right."

"No one else can speak the words on your lips."